Monday 16 May 2011

Monique - "I try to stay home as much as possible so that I don't have to deal with peoples judgement"


My name is Monique and I have Fibromyalgia, migraines and Chronic depression. I am a 27 yr old SAHM homeschooling my autistic son. I try to stay home as much as possible so that I don't have to deal with peoples judgement and assumptions when I walk out of the car in a disability parking spot or use a stores electric carts to prevent causing more pain than I need to. My husband is always getting mad at me because I let people get to me and try to go without assistance or pain meds and end up worse off and with a terrible flare the next few days. I started having symptoms of chronic depression when I started puberty, and my Fibromyalgia symptoms started after the birth of my son nearly 6 years ago, we are still trying to find a good medicine combo to help my pain levels.

I worry I am not giving my son the mom he deserves, and I fear for him because he lives with an invisible disability of his own (PDD_NOS).

No comments:

Post a Comment