Monday 2 May 2011

Vicky



I'm a 28 year old art graduate and animal lover. When I was 15 I became chronically ill with ME and paralytic migraines after receiving a polio vaccine. Nowadays I'm lucky enough to have improved to a point where I can live a relatively normal life. I work part-time running a small sewing business from home, and can even have a bit of a social life if I'm careful.

I tend to keep quiet about my conditions because of the stigma attached to invisible illness. When I go through a bad patch, I cut myself off from the outside world so I don't have to explain anything. I'd love to be better at asking for help when I need it, and to not have to rely on my partner so much.

My proudest achievements are my Art and Design degree and my business. I enjoy knitting, crocheting, reading, watching too much CSI, and drinking too much tea.

2 comments:

  1. Vicky,

    Your absolutely stunning and you have the best taste in TV :)

    I'm really glad you manage ME and life, you deserve all good things x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind comment Immi!

    And thank you Shelley for running this project. x

    ReplyDelete